Thursday 3 December 2009

Titles for Music Magazine

I had thought very hard about what the title for my music magazine should be. I thought of four possible titles for my magazine and being very analytical about it, I narrowed it down to one title which is my final choice. The choices and my final choice are listed below and also why I thought these titles would have been successful.



LDN MUSIC
'LDN' is an abbreviation for London as in to describe this magazine is about London music. This title relates to the genre I am creating my music magazine upon, grime and hip hop. Grime has been established as music which is from the UK, therefore the title 'LDN Music' would fit into the magazine content comfortably. This was my first idea for the title of my magazine as the abbreviation.


GRIME UK
I thought this would be a good title for my music magazine as it shows what genre of music the magazine would be about. A programme called 'Grime Daily' gets up and close with the grime artists, showing interveiws or what some artists have been up to when they are not in the studio. A consumer would be able to tell that a magazine called 'Grime UK' is about all the latest grime artists and what they get up to as it is similar to the name 'Grime Daily'.

UK MOVEMENTS
I beleive that this title would be successful, particularly for a music magazine relating to the genre, grime. Within grime music, a lot of slang terms are used. Many new up and coming grime artists use the slang term 'movements' to describe that they are gradually or in some cases rapidly moving towards success and that they no longer have to struggle to earn a living. Having the title 'UK MOVEMENTS' on a music magazine cover, a consumer would immediately be able to recognise that the magazine is associated with grime music.


UK PRIME

This title would be quite successful for a music magazine as the word 'prime' suggests first. It is essential to have 'UK' in the title because it straight away implies that all music talked about within this magazine is from the UK. At a first glance at the title, it is possible to associate it with grime music because it has 'UK' in the title but the font of the title and the photography will most definately add to what type of music the magazine is about.

These were my four choices of my music magazine titles. After I had narrowed it down to just two titles I had to make a decision. The two titles I narrowed it down to were:


1) GRIME UK
2) UK MOVEMENTS

I had asked five people from my target audience which are people from the ages of 15-21 and they all replied that 'GRIME UK' would be the better title out of those two, but also had a look at the other two titles and agreed that they would not be successful for a music magazine. Threfore, the title that I have chosen to call my music magazine is 'GRIME UK' and I am very happy with my choice as this is what my target audience liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment